Mediators facilitate negotiation. They do not take sides or tell the parties what to do. The parties remain in control.
Mediation also works because:-
1. Success rate of 85% cases achieve full or part resolution
2. You remain in control of the outcome
3. You can help to recommend the best agreement for both parties
4. Highly skilled, experience and accredited mediators
5. All parties reserve the right to go to court if an agreement cannot be reach
6. Your case will remain confidential as mediation is entirely confidential
7. Professional relationships can be repaired through mediation
No. Mediation is entirely voluntary and needs the agreement of all parties. If you agree to take part you are also free to leave or withdraw at any time. This allows you and the other party to drive the process yourselves and come to your own agreement. It is hoped that this will make you all feel more committed to what you agree.
Mediation is only as successful as you make it.
Your responsibilities are to:
Decide what the issues are for you in the dispute
Come to the meeting with an open mind
Listen respectfully to the other party's point of view
Look for solutions
Work with the other party to determine which solution is best for all parties.